Monday, November 30, 2009

SEVEN!

Yesterday afternoon I got so freaking pissed slightly annoyed at Mr. P's general crabbiness. I decided that I needed a little break from him and the house and where just one year ago I would have grabbed my book and gone to Moe's for nachos to give us time to chill the fuck out, I threw on my running gear and went for a little, teensie, tiny SEVEN mile run. During the first mile I was sure that a kickass divorce lawyer was surely the answer to our problems as Mr. P snapped at me for a Diet Coke can sitting by the sink instead of being in the recycling (and the can wasn't.even.mine and I had spent all morning doing all.his.laundry) and because we, wait for it, didn't even have an egg. But, after a few miles, I decided maybe just cutting him a little bit of slack because we did have a bunch of family stuff this week, his work is very stressful right now and he is really trying to cut back on smoking was probably a better idea.


When I returned , Mr. P and I made nice and then he went and gathered some Panera for dinner. Then we watched Four Christmases. Funny thing is that Dad and the girlfriend watched it Saturday night and said it was pretty bad and that it was just.too.weird. Ironically one of the Christmases is where the dude's MOM is with his friend from HIGH SCHOOL and of course, the dude is highly freaked.out. Mr. P and I just looked at each other and laughed...because right before they left yesterday (Dad and the girlfriend) they told me anytime that I thought our family was bad, I should watch this because it was WAY worse, and really? Seemed sort of exactly the same to me.


With the GINOURMOUS run yesterday, I elected to just do a 30 minute walk this morning at the break of dawn, and then I weighed in. EXACTLY the same as last week which I consider to be pretty victorious. So that means I am sitting at a Fat Test score of 84.53%.

I attribute much of that to the running of 12.5 miles over the last two days, because I really, truly did not watch what I ate at.all. Then this morning I was a bit rushed and ate Chick Fil A for breakfast instead of my yogurt, fruit, cereal combo. A biscuit and hash browns. SEVENTEEN POINTS. what the hell???? But I did journal it, and will eat a sensible lunch and dinner and try to get my exact same ass back in gear because getting to 80% in a month, this particular month, is going to actually require me to work.at.it.

13 comments:

Fatinah said...

what a great way to deal with things. A teeny tiny SEVEN MILE run!! You are my HERO!!!

Journaling a 17 point breakfast is NEVER easy. Good for you for doing it.

Penny said...

Seven is awesome! It sounds so crazy to say you RAN 7 MILES. I think two years ago I would have possibly ridden in the car seven miles to get a taco.

Jen L. said...

Girl. Just thinking about running seven miles required me to take an extra blood pressure pill. Way to go!

I do that, too, the imagining divorce lawyers and such. It usually stems from my irritation over the fact that Marcus sleeps through Dean's wake up call EVERY morning and then sleeps through the alarm, too, and I have to go throw a toddler on him to get him out of bed. Then we drink coffee and it's ok.

Alice said...

OH MY LANDS woman, SEVEN MILES!? i am so proud of you! (also jealous! am soooo not near 7 miles.) i ran 1.75 miles at home this weekend and nearly threw up a lung. so... wow. SEVEN. you are awesome!

Shelley said...

I do think you mislabeled this post - "HP is a bitch" does not belong...however, "Mr. P is off his rocker" might! Good on ya for running it off - and SEVEN MILES?!? Good god, woman, I have got to start emulating you!

DAVs said...

Seven miles is pretty damned impressive. Today when I work out I will be inspired by YOU.

kilax said...

I love how running lets you get your anger out... then it's gone and you just feel good! Woo-hoo HP!

We saw Four Christmases last year and also thought it was bad/awkward. I was really hoping it would be good because I love holiday movies!

17 points! I am not familiary with WW but that sounds like a lot. Not that I am trying to make you feel bad! But jeez, why is is so much?

Sevenbeads said...

Every time I get annoyed with my husband I go out and buy a charm for my Pandora bracelet. I'm up to 85 charms! It would be much more constructive to run 7 miles. I'm so very impressed.

Unknown said...

I just caught up on all your posts that I missed. Can I just tell you - you are one of my absolute favorites. Really - your writing is so conversational and REAL, I love your wit and your intelligence. And your comments on MY posts - you get me, girl.
Thanks for being a good bloggie friend, and congrats on running a shitload of miles, woman!

Not Your Aunt B said...

THAT IS AWESOME! Not the fight, but the run. 7 MILES! WOW!

--V said...

I'm very impressed. The only way you could get me to run 7 miles would be to chase me with a knife. And even then, I'd probably just let you stab me after the 2nd mile. So 7? Wow!

creative kerfuffle said...

SEVEN! that rocks. seriously! i am still just in the walking mode so running in general impresses me but SEVEN miles! that's like--a LOT! wow!
the hubs and i have our moments like that--maybe i should start taking a walk when it happens : ) lol--but that would usually be in the evening and it's cold and dark and i'm lazy.
i haven't seen 4 christmases but i am LOVING the irony of your dad and his gfriend not liking it and saying it was bad. lol. priceless!

Lucy said...

That is great that running was your choice instead of food and it helped both of you chill!

We actually liked Four Christmases!!

 
Creative Commons License
TheHotchPotchery by hotchpotchery.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.