Tuesday, December 1, 2009

YIN(g) and YANG

So, apparently the saying is YIN and YANG, not YING and YANG as in the YING YANG Twins. I learned that today after reading Nilsa's post about Thanksgiving.

Yesterday I learned that what I have been called a SHUFFLE pass, and Mr. P has been calling a SHUDDLE pass (to each.other even) is actually a SHOVEL pass.

Last night I had a quick spelling bee at our MNF Bingo gig, and I, the HOSTESS, had Massachusetts spelled wrong. MASSECHUSETTS is what I had on my paper.

What the hell man?

So after my debacle of a breakfast yesterday I posted that I would do better for lunch. I ended up in meetings right after my class so I didn't get to leave for lunch until 2:30 and I bolted across the street to Firehouse Subs. On the way I made the decision to have Jalapeno Popper Doritos (7 POINTS) with my sandwich. DUDES, as luck would have it, they didn't even have them, so I had Southwestern Baked Lays instead. Then I had a grilled chicken salad for dinner.

and 4 fried pickles. and 1 french fry.

All POINTS tallied, I am halfway through my Weeklies on Day 1 of the week. Stellar.

Today though, I have done a 5K (which I haven't uploaded yet because I still like the 7.03 under my Nike+ girl), took the dog for a walk, and ate my yogurt breakfast which while I was eating I thought...YUM, this is so.much.tastier. than greasy hash rounds. I have plans to hit my favorite 6.5 POINT lunch (slice of cheese pizza and spinach salad) and finish my day not touching any.more.weeklies.

8 comments:

Jenni said...

You're not alone. I even KNOW that it's Yin and not Ying but, for some reason, it still looks wrong as Yin.

Penny said...

I have no idea what the Ying Yang twins are. Uh I started WW so well this week, but I've already used all my points today and I haven't had dinner...

creative kerfuffle said...

even after reading this i will still probably say ying yang. it sounds better : ) LOL
i love firehouse subs.

Amy said...

Isn't it cool when we realize that we like the healthier stuff more!?!

I appreciate you sharing your faux pas. :-) Love it...

Shelley said...

You are doing great - little hiccups along the way are normal. But I'm glad the Jalapeno Popper Doritos weren't available, lol!

Anonymous said...

I had a Points Explosion for breakfast this morning myself, so I'm feeling for ya. And it totally sucks to rip through half your weeklies on the first day, but you CAN get your week back on track with a few well-planned days.

Anonymous said...

I had a Points Explosion for breakfast this morning myself, so I'm feeling for ya. And it totally sucks to rip through half your weeklies on the first day, but you CAN get your week back on track with a few well-planned days.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

If it makes you feel better, when I lived in Boston, my seventh grade teacher gave me a very loud earful that the whole class heard when I asked her for help spelling MASSACHUSETTS, saying by this age, I should know how to spell my own state's name. Then, when she realized I had just moved to the state, she quietly apologized (jerk) and gave me the help I needed. To this day, I will never forget how to spell that damn state ... nor will I ever forget how mean she was to me!

 
Creative Commons License
TheHotchPotchery by hotchpotchery.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.