Monday, November 2, 2009

Challenge Extended...

Challenge Accepted...and none to soon it would seem.


I was perusing the blogosphere yesterday afternoon and while catching up with Lynne, I read about a challenge she was going to undertake over the holidays, The Holiday Health Nuts Challenge hosted by Ginesa at Destination: Athlete.


First, the name was a funny coincidence. Mr. P and I were doing our weekly shopping and I was browsing the cereal aisle and he said, "UM, isn't your cereal in the health nut section?" That made me giggle that any.thing about me might be considered 'health nut'. But alas, he was correct, my Kashi is, in fact, in the health nut section.


Second, even after my triumph of last week's journaling and subsequent 2 lb loss, this week was not stellar. I gained 4.6 lbs. I am not convinced it is due to an excess of 16,100 calories in over calories out (3500*4.6) but the scale displayed what it displayed. TECHNICALLY, I probably didn't go too far over in points, however, more days than not had one giant meal and then a few snacks...veggies? HA. fruit? I scoff at thee. Water? Only in the form of beer and soda.


But back to the challenge...this Health Nut challenge is more than weight-loss. I did set a weight-loss goal to get my Fat Test to 80% by December 28 which is the last day of the challenge and my one year anniversary of Healthy, Healthy, Healthy. This morning I was at 84.89%. I don't normally like to set poundage goals because, well, let's face it, human bodies are weird and controlled by human brains, even weirder. But, that is part of it. The other part is choosing two other goals such as 80oz of water intake, journalling EVERY.bite, exercising, etc. At first I was going to choose two I already do fairly consistently and well, but then realized that really isn't the point. So I chose:



80 oz of WATER per day.

Journalling EVERY.bite.



And away we go....

10 comments:

Amy said...

What is a "reader" and what does it do?
Thanks for the thoughts!
I'm a day late to join this challenge, but I'm rooting for you!

Shelley said...

Good luck with the challenge - I think just the awareness that will come with journalling every bite will make a huge difference.

Not Your Aunt B said...

I'm hoping I got in, but will do it unofficially either way. The amount of water and journaling everything is SCARY. Especially considering what I have been eating and drinking lately.

Amy said...

figured out the reader thing! I'm such a dunce sometimes!

Alice said...

this made me get up and refill my water bottle on the spot. thank you. :-)

kilax said...

What a neat idea for a competition! I like that they include volunteering or doing a good deed for someone else. It's important to remember to do those things! :)

Lynne said...

Away we go indeed. I chose the journaling and 320 minutes of exercise per week. I really need to get back on track and hopefully this will help.

Penny said...

80 oz of water a day? Is that even healthy? Man you are gonna have to pee ALL the time!

creative kerfuffle said...

yeah for you health nut. but, um...how much water can one injest in a day w/out drowning?
i have far to go compared to you--but i did actually start walking today.

Lucy said...

80oz.??? that is a lot of water, are sure that is healthy??? I know 64oz. is pushing it for me, I guess 80oz is 10 glasses but still, that is a lot of water. Be careful. I got super duper sick once because I drank 40 oz of water without any food, first thing in the morning and like in less than an hour. It was bad. I threw up, I got faint and dizzy, they had to get food in me, it was really bad.

Not to be a downer, just always remember that horrible feeling and I always warn people to be careful, my doctor nicely called me an idiot but you know in bedside manner kind of way (lol)

 
Creative Commons License
TheHotchPotchery by hotchpotchery.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.