Sunday, November 29, 2009

a few Thanksgiving pictures

I have spent the ENTIRE day in my pajamas on my chaise with my laptop watching the Colts play the Texans (NFL). I have caught up on my farm, my blog reading, and even a little workity work. I am feeling very content and lazy and good.

I thought I might share a few photos from Thanksgiving...

I am celebrating Penny scoring a touchdown for the girls. I am NOT on the sidelines, I was a receiver in a spread offense! We play a sport every Thanksgiving afternoon, and it is always boys versus girls. It worked out much better for us when CK2 was a munchkin. Now that he is giant, not so great. If you look you can see tiny Eli too! The game ended in a tie.


After dinner my guts hurt so much from eating so MUCH FOOD (we had turkey, ham, two kinds of stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, baked acorn squash, roasted veggies, green bean casserole, sausage balls, mini pigs in blankets, blueberry salad, deviled eggs, coleslaw, and gravy) that I decided to lay on the floor and play with Eli. First we did Lincoln Logs then he wanted to draw. We made hand turkeys, and I am getting quite a bit of guidance on how mine should be.

My art was Thankstastic!

After resting for quite awhile we were ready for some dessert. We had trifle, bread pudding, blackberry cobbler and pumpkin pie. Here is an overhead view of my trifle. Angel food cake, berries, sugar-free fat free banana and vanilla puddings whipped with a bit of Fat Free Cool Whip, bananas, and the thing that pulled it all together? JAM. Sugar free blackberry jam and red rasberry preserves. On Thanksgiving I had one bite of dessert, I was just TOO full. I did manage a serving (or 5) of trifle yesterday. I have one bowl left for this evening.

I haven't stepped on the scale to determine the damage done, but just in the nick of time, another race week is upon us. We are doing a 10K this Saturday for Toys for Toys so we will be on our best healthy behavior all week!

9 comments:

rachaelgking said...

Awwwww. What a perfect holiday! :-)

Jen L. said...

I covet your trifle.

That looks like such a fun Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Not only have I never had trifle, but I'm not even sure I know what it is. I see berries and it looks tasty.

Anonymous said...

sounds like a wonderful day.

i love trifle. love it. it never lasts long in our house.

creative kerfuffle said...

i have no idea what a trifle is either but i want one : ) it looks like you all had a wonderful day : ) love the hand-turkey.

Shelley said...

Your trifle looks so pretty - I love the fall cut-outs! Thanks for sharing the pictures...it looks like it was a lovely day!

Good luck with your next 10K and your weigh-in, whenever that may be!

kilax said...

Your huge Thanksgiving spread reminds me of what it is like when I do Thanksgiving with my fam - so many yummy options! Ours was a little more low-key, but there were only 4 of us :)

Yay! Another 10K! There is a 5K I really want to run this weekend, but I can't afford it. I will have to live vicariously through your 10K!

Penny said...

I love that first picture! I look like I actually know what I'm doing!

Uhh when you steal pictures off someone's website you should at least give them photo credits...jeez.

wafelenbak said...

Looks like you had a really nice (and well deserved) holiday!

 
Creative Commons License
TheHotchPotchery by hotchpotchery.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.