Thursday, November 12, 2009

Complete sign of MATURITY

I am talking about the kind of maturity that you say like this:

MATOUR

Not the kind of maturity that you say like this:

MATCHUR

Mr. P and the College Kid got into a discussion on whether the snake I saw last week was a rattle snake or a rat snake while we were at family dinner last night. In a stand of supremacy, the College Kid went out to the car and got her notebook for the critter class she is taking (all things reptilian and amphibious I want to say) to demonstrate her classification and naming prowess. After her asking me a few questions about that snake's head where I might have made up the answers she admitted it might be a rat snake (she was on the side of rattler) and decided to go play with Eli in the kid's play area of the restaurant.


While she was gone I grabbed her notebook and we added stickers and other commentary to her notes. For example, Penny wrote "I HEART PBI" which stands for some sort of breeding, but I don't remember what the P or I stands for now. Teddy wrote "I heart NEWTS" in SororityGirl16 font. Mom had some stickers with snakes that we added to her notes. But the piece de resistance that had me laughing SO hard that I cried and then my throat got all phlegmy and thick?




Which if you don't know what it is, it is Mr. P's rendition of the SNL skit baby hands lady which comes up in many a family meeting...see the tiny hands on the star stickers????

Like I said, we are MATOUR.

13 comments:

Penny said...

I heart Prolonged Breeding Interaction!

DAVs said...

I just love the phonetic spelling of the two different types of mature. And maturity--of either kind--is overrated in my opinion.

Amy said...

i LOVE YOUR FAMILY!

Shelley said...

Y'all have so much fun together - I love it!

Not Your Aunt B said...

HA! Can you guys adopt me?

Alice said...

oh man, i love being MATOUUUUR! (when you say it like that, you obvs have to drag the second syllable way out)

Jen L. said...

I wanna have dinner with you guys REAL BAD.

Jen L. said...

I wanna have dinner with you guys REAL BAD.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

You want to talk maturity? Before I read about that picture, I thought it was a drawing of a woman's tits shooting off. Yeah, I'm mature, too. When are you available for a play date? ha.

Lucy said...

I think I would have to wear DEPENDS at your family gatherings!

Anonymous said...

Well, my favorite part is where you guys wrote ribbit ribbit on my observations for my lab report that's due tomorrow! I have decided to turn it in anyway! I really don't want to rewrite it. I'm that lazy. Someone was getting notes from me today and saw the snake stickers and I'm pretty sure he was weirded out!

-College Kid

Anonymous said...

I caught a squirrel in my bed and then I cooked it up and ate it is that bad? - baby hands lady

-College Kid

creative kerfuffle said...

i also thought the drawing of the woman included star boobs. i think it is hysterical that you drew all over her notes : ) ha!

 
Creative Commons License
TheHotchPotchery by hotchpotchery.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.