Saturday, November 1, 2008

Let the Holidays begin

Once Elf and Love Actually were released on DVD I had to self-impose a rule for Holiday film watching...nothing Christmas related could be viewed outside of the November 1 - January 8 time frame. Why January 8th? It approximates the date of the NCAA football championship game, which is the official end of the holiday season at Chez Potchery.

It is here. November 1. Today is the day. I am so excited that I can't decide where to start...the standards? Or maybe Christmas with the Kranks? Polar Express? Jingle All the Way? Christmas Vacation? It is such a momentous day in our house that even the kid from college came home...but it is with heavy heart I relay the following...

CollegeKid: Mom? I have to make a confession.
Me: silent UH OH, and gut clench
CollegeKid: I watched Love Actually three days ago.

sigh. Where did I go wrong with that one?

2 comments:

Marmite Breath said...

Elf and Love Actually just make me unreasonably happy. But I do only like to watch them at Christmas. I feel so strongly about this that I put the Christmas movies away so that the kids can't watch them during the rest of the year! No sneaky viewings of The Snowman for my offspring!

Hotch Potchery said...

We put them away too, right with the holiday CDs and front door wreath!

 
Creative Commons License
TheHotchPotchery by hotchpotchery.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.