Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Call backs.

My highschool kid auditioned for the community theater production of Fiddler on the Roof yesterday. He had to go sing a song and perform a monologue in front of STRANGERS. He got a call back. Wish him bone breaking thoughts. Well, just until about 5:30pm Central time. After that, it would just be cruel.

Thanks to all the support I have gotten at home and from this blog, I also had a callback to my Couch to 5K workout that I considered a FAIL from yesterday. This morning? SUCCESS!

I just checked to be sure, and we are calling back LOST! from last week that Mr. P deleted JUST AS I was sitting down to watch it. He can NOT work his new HD DVR. So tonight is flatiron steak, baked potatoes and some deliciously confusing time travel.

My Dad sent me an email last night. He used "lol" in the email. That is just wrong. Not in the theme of callbacks, but wrong.

7 comments:

Not Your Aunt B said...

I see your mini! 2.11 MILES! WOOT!

Amy said...

Break a Leg, Kid!
Great job on the run! :-D Glad you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Ha! I laugh when my mom uses trendy lingo :)

I hope your son gets the role! He sounds so involved. What a great guy! :)

Anonymous said...

Why don't my comments ever show up?!

Anyway, that is AWESOME about the play, I hope he gets it!

What did dad's email say? (besides lol?)

DAVs said...

That is funny about your Dad. I remember a few years ago my Dad used the term "bring it" as in "that guy can bring it." And I nearly died laughing.

Jen L. said...

I'm sure you've read my parents' comments on my blog. They are the ones signed "Love" and it makes me blush. Mom's gotten better since I moved to typepad. Dad has not figured out how to comment there yet. LOL ;)

BREAK A LEG, highschool kid! My entire weekend was aaaallll about kids and callbacks. And grief counseling if they didn't go well. Let me know if you need a copy of my "It'll be better next time, there's always another show...I'm sure you were the best one and they're just stooooopid" speech. Be sure to let us know what role he gets!!!

Andrea said...

I have done the Couch to 5K and loved it! I can't anymore because of knee problems...maybe they'll go away with weight loss. Flatiron Steak and LOST sounds like a perfect night! For us it is halibut, baby red potatoes and LOST...should be fun!

 
Creative Commons License
TheHotchPotchery by hotchpotchery.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.