- I am waiting for a publication decision that could be HUGE for me. In academics we have to "publish or perish". So, I write a paper, send it a journal, then an editor sends it to an associate editor (AE) and reviewers...all of which do not know who I am, and I don't know who they are. Then they critique said paper. Then either the paper gets accepted, rejected, or you get a revise and resubmit decision. The paper I am talking about is my best academic work. I sent it to the VERY VERY best journal and I got a revise and resubmit letter last June. I revised. I resubmitted, and according to the editorial system, I am waiting on the Senior Editor to make his decision. His name is Alain. I really think I will get the decision today, so send "Man, that Hotch Potch is freaking brilliant" thoughts to Alain so he accepts my paper. I need 10 papers to have been published to feel comfortable about going up for tenure in September and this one would be so good it could almost count for 3. My guts are in turmoil. (I only have 6 so far.)
- We are getting up tomorrow morning to run a 5K. On Valentine's Day. Who ARE WE?
- I have become an international financier. I loaned money to Maria Isabel Zapata in Nicaragua to expand her grocery store. (http://www.kiva.org/)
- My sister got word that her husband got into the PhD program at the university where I work which means they are moving to where I live. With the baby. This summer.
- My high school kid got accepted into the Honors College yesterday.
- I can now jog 1/2 mile in a row.
- The grocery store has been out of spaghetti squash the last two times I checked. That seriously bums me out. I have, however, purchased a lovely can of Spotted Dick Pudding so that I can do more thorough research.
- I am out.
Friday, February 13, 2009
Friday Hotch Potch
I am WAY too anxious to write a real post, but I didn't post at all yesterday and that is compounding my anxiety, so here is a bullet list of the goings on: