Saturday, January 24, 2009

Putting in a 9 hour day on a Saturday...

Mr. P and I put in a 9 hour day eating out, shopping, eating out again, and then some more shopping. Purely decadent, and so. much. fun.

When we set out, I had a few things I knew for sure I wanted to get...and then also hoped to stumble across some fun stuff. On the top of my list was spotted dick pudding, the kind you can microwave, because cooking spotted dick pudding on the stove is such a pain in the ass. CHECK.


Then, next on the list was some sunglasses for Mr. P. Check.

After I read my sister's post from last weekend, I NEEDED a chili/chocolate bar and hand weights. check. check.

After we got home and pulled everything out of the bags to put away,

I had much needed realization. I have had a crappy attitude this week, some of it had to do with the healthy, healthy, healthy stuff, some of it was because I am getting anxious about the status of a few of my papers for work, some of it was that I get just downright cranky when the weather is gray.

While you might see pens, a paring knife and Chinese New Year monkey bank, there is more important stuff in there. There is being married to the person that you want to spend 9 hours with looking in every nook and cranny of eight stores. There are stable jobs in a time where many are suffering from economic uncertainty. There is the luxury of not working on the weekends. oh. and Extra watermelon gum. All very. Very. VERY. good. stuff.

P.S. The long tube looking thing in the back of the montage picture is a 3-D shark kite for Steamboat's visit in MAY. Apparently uncles fly kites with nephews and you just can not risk passing up such a kite as this.

9 comments:

DAVs said...

Spotted dick pudding?? I have no idea what that is, and it sounds like it could go with my cake balls :)

We, too, feel lucky beyond words that after nearly 15 years of marriage we can still putz around for hours together and love every minute of it (ok...almost every minute of it). It sounds like you guys had a great day!

W said...

I must admit that this is the first time I have ever heard of spotted dick pudding and it frightens me.

But hooray for wonderful husbands and life affirming day trips to buy stuff.

Penny said...

I have never seen spotted dick pudding. That is the reason blogs were invented is to have somewhere to stay WTF is this?

Did you like the chili/dark chocolate bar?

Not Your Aunt B said...

Spotted dick pudding?!? He he he. Okay. I can't even think about what else you wrote because I am retarded like that. Too many one-liners popping up in my mind.

Mandy Lou said...

Sounds like an awesome day - it's nice to know that you've got the right partner in life.

And good to know about the Spotted Dick, I really didn't know that there was a microwaveable option!

Emily said...

Congrats on your 9 pound loss!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time shopping!

creative kerfuffle said...

please to describe wtf is spotted dick? aside from the things that my 12 yr old mind is conjuring up. i think you should do a whole post on spotted dick : ) he he he
and i love that you and the mr. p had such a fun time. THAT is what it's all about right there baby.

Anonymous said...

HotchPotchery:
Wanted to come over and congratulate you on the big win for this week, but I almost forget, because I too am trying to understand what spotted dick pudding? i can't even imagine what this could be, how one might make it or what one serves it with. As others have suggested, please provide a post soon on this strange item.

 
Creative Commons License
TheHotchPotchery by hotchpotchery.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.