Sunday, September 28, 2008

and Sunday is the day of rest...

There is a video that my brother-in-law shows my nephew in the mornings, They Might Be Giants, "I never go to work", or something like that. I spent a few days at their house in August, then they spent a few days with us a few weeks ago, so I heard the song many times, and for some reason, all I can hear in my head is the line, "and Sunday is the day of rest!"

I tend to take the last line of that song completely literally. It is very rare that I change out of pajamas, unless it is to change into my swimming attire to hit the lake. Today is an inside day of rest. So far, I have gotten up (at 1030ish), read blogs, set my fantasy football lineup, looked at the new college football polls, and watched a DVR'ed episode of Law and Order: Criminal Intent. I am now waiting patiently for some delicious takeout and the Cowboys/Redskins football game. I am not a complete waste, I have also done a few loads of laundry, fed the dogs, and done some light straightening up.

I have a love/hate relationship with Sundays. Monday is back to work, so Sunday is that last barrier to working....but Sunday is the day we never make plans so we can come/go as we please...watch lots of football, catch up on tv, watch a week's worth of Netflix, fix a nice dinner..ala the activities I have partaken in today.

Not to change the subject so abruptly, but I love Peyton Manning, and he and I were about 1/2 mile away from each other for about 4 hours on Saturday...we were both outside breathing the same air, and that made me happy.

AND, I blogged about my son's complete underreaction to losing his wallet...now last night he tells me he is quitting his job, because the manager of concessions does not do his job correctly...it makes me happy and frustrated at the same time that he is so idealistic...happy because I like knowing that he takes his job resposibilities to heart, frustrated because he won't understand that all people don't act that way and to quit every job because other people are "lazy" is going to give him a REALLY long resume.

Wow, this post really went astray...I will try to do better tomorrow.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
TheHotchPotchery by hotchpotchery.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.