Sunday, March 7, 2010

She is a FREAKING liar! *

14 months.
252 workouts.
785.3 miles.
196 hours.
142,000 calories.

I did all of that in preparation for today. I feel amazing and tired and accomplished and sore and amazing one more time.

3:00:31 was my "Gun Time", but it took me over a minute to cross the starting line...so I should be an official finisher...I will have to wait and see though. I will be disappointed if I missed it by a breath, but it is what it is now. I was feeling amazing until about 10 miles, and then my hip flexors started stiffening, and it was hard to propel myself forward. I ended up walking a bit after each water station., all in the name of "hydrating"...but my time puts me at 13:47 per mile, which is about right for me.

Edited to add: 2:57:56.73 is my official time. I AM OFFICIAL!!! I burst into tears when I saw that I beat my goal of 3 hours...seems my emotions are a bit out of whack. I won't even tell you about how I started the race listening to The Climb by Miley Cyrus and tearing up over how awesome this last week has been for me!


Mr. P was a rock star. He never really trained, he would run on occasion, and he got a time of 2:16ish (he doesn't remember). I think his lack of smoking really helped. He asked me at dinner if I was mad at him, and I do have to say I am a little frustrated...I have run consistently for over a year, and he throws together a few runs and kicks my ass!

But I have to be honest with myself. I am still carrying A LOT of extra weight, and my time should really decrease if I can even get 30 more pounds off....which will be the next thing I tackle along with some speed training.

After we get back from the cruise, that is!


*My iPod decided to be a freak show and be all weird...only gave me credit for 11.5 ish miles. Bitch.

17 comments:

Shelley said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you, my friend!!! What a wonderful, wonderful run you had!!!

Amy said...

You ROCK!

kilax said...

Congrats! I knew you would have an official time. I just knew it. Yay!

lastchanceivf said...

That is really really awesome!! I am so proud of you. Once again, while Mr. LC and I were running this weekend and complaining at the one hour mark I said "HP is running a freakin' HALF this weekend so we need to STFU!" and it did propel me for another four minutes.

Yay for cruises! I want a relaxing beachy vacation very, very badly.

Penny said...

That is really awesome! I really wish I could have been there with you guys.

What is "gun time?"

Alice said...

oh! my! goodness!!!!!!! that is so awesome! you are amazing! yayayayayayay :-) :-) :-)

Tammy said...

Look at you! Being all "official" and stuff! Good for you!

Anonymous said...

congrats!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

OMFG - YOU DID IT! A huge and hearty congrats. That's an amazing milestone that so many people never reach. And what's so great about it is you know you can continue to improve your PRs as you continue this quest for weight loss. Does that mean you got tenure and officially finished your race all in the same week? Hope there continues to be lots of celebrating in your house!

Meg said...

So. Awesome. Also- boys suck in the way that they can always run faster, can lose weight without the slightest effort, and can pin us down and threaten to drool on us at will. Or maybe that's just my husband?

Anonymous said...

You are a real athlete! What an amazing year you've had with becoming a runner and a tenured professor. I think it's cute that you burst into tears.

Anonymous said...

You are SUCH a rock star!!!

Anonymous said...

WOot Woot!!! Congrats to you! That is so awesome that you completed it and in under 3 hours!

Not Your Aunt B said...

WHOOP! That is AWESOME! Congrats, job well done! That's farther than I've ever run at once and I can't imagine how anyone's legs make it. HOORAY FOR YOU HP! YOU DID IT!

wafelenbak said...

Oh, I am behind on my congratulations! Drat!
Woo hooo!!!! Way to go!!!
Far lesser things have made me tear up--I totally get it. ;)

Anonymous said...

You are awesome awesome AWESOME!

I am so superduper proud of you!

Astarte said...

OMG - that's amazing!!!!! You're an official professor AND an official athlete all in one week!!!!!! I'm so thrilled for you!

 
Creative Commons License
TheHotchPotchery by hotchpotchery.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.