Monday, January 3, 2011

ONLY 1.5 miles

I remember about 9 months ago, if my training called for a 1.5 mile run, I could basically head out in my jeans...wait, while on the topic of jeans, how do you guys feel about PAJAMA jeans? At first I laughed at the mere name, but then I watched the video. Considering my new pants of choice are yoga pants, which are really just like pajama pants, maybe they aren't as stupid as I think that I should think that they are, and maybe instead they are awesome. But to be a better judge I think I need to see some on a regular person...so if any of you are rocking the pajama jeans, will you please let me know?

ANYWAY, I picked out a new running program and I got started today with a 1.5 mile run. It was hard. It took me 24 minutes to go 1.6 miles. YIKES. On the topic of YIKES, I weighed in today, I am back to my March 2, 2009 weight. YIKES. 18 pounds higher than my weight this time last year. YIKES. YIKES. YIKES.

Since I have blogged and posted pictures every.single.day in 2K11, I don't want to wreck my streak, so here is one of my favorite Christmas prizes of this year courtesy of my sister.

May I present the CHRISTMAS CRAWDAD----





8 comments:

Alice said...

i still shake with fear thinking about a 1.5 mi run. so color me impressed.

also: CHRISTMAS CRAWDAD? HAHAHAHA AWESOME.

Anonymous said...

i had never heard of pajama jeans. interesting. after watching the ad, i think they make the model's butt look big. and if they do that to the model, then i dont want to think about my ass in them.

Anonymous said...

Today was my first day back at work, and I was complaining bitterly that I could not wear either pajama bottoms or yoga pants, as I had been doing for the entire break. Also, I GUARANTEE that no one who orders those pajama jeans has a figure close to that model's.

I feel you on starting over with the running. I will have to start over with weight training, and it seems unfair that there isn't some kind of "muscle memory" that will allow me to pick up where I left off.

Shelley said...

I don't think those pajama jeans will hold in my jiggly bits enough to wear them in public, although they would be fun for in-home use - and I WOULD go out to my mailbox wearing them, as opposed to my real pajama pants. In the daytime. I have been known to hit the mailbox in my jams under cover of darkness.

Christmas crawdad is awesome!

Hey, you ran 1.5 miles after not running for a while? That is fantastic!!! Hal Higdon has great training programs. I would have done his half marathon program had I not found my running club.

Jen L. said...

I LOVE CHRISTMAS CRAWDAD!!!

I could possibly be persuaded to try pajama jeans, but I'd wear a long shirt.

Kate said...

Hooray for 1.5 miles! Take it and run, lady! You are doing it, period. Don't forget that!

Mandy Lou said...

I LOVE the Christmas Crawdad!!! And yay for the 1.5 miles, better than I knocked out.

kilax said...

Good for you on that run!

But I hate the whole getting back in to running thing too. I have had to do it so many times, and always when I am heavier. I have gained at least 10 pounds since the marathon. Oops?

Those pajama jeans seem cheesey but look oh so comfty.

 
Creative Commons License
TheHotchPotchery by hotchpotchery.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.