in 1492 and while I wanted to celebrate by rocking out discoverer style, it is just a regular work day for us here at the U. (...which while on the subject I am oh so relieved that this U should be my permanent employer...thank you so much for bearing with all my angst and sending all those thoughts my way). ((I say should because there are still 2 more obstacles, but neither should be even close to deal breakers.))
Here is my normal Monday morning routine:
1. Get up at 5ish (can I tell you this is the first time ever that I am excited about the switch back to standard time?!? I need more daylight in the wee hours of the morning for runs. jeez, I am so smug I might vomit a little).
2. Go on run.
3. Weigh-in (I know, I know...but I do it this way EVERY week), and somehow, some way I am down 1.6lbs this week. Stress must weigh about 4 lbs since I ate all.weekend.long.
5. Prep breakfast and get dressed
6. Go to work
7. Get ready for class and eat yogurt breakfast
8. Go get GIANT diet Coke from Chick Fil A.
9. Teach class.
Fun, eh? Anyhoo, today during step #8 I was assured by several people how much the baby Jesus loves me and that he wants me to love him and that there are people oh, so ready to help me with those things and hey, here is your free, tiny, green New Testament.
One of the joys of the deep south. Free bibles for one and all.
ETA: It was not AT Chick Fil A that I got the hard sell...random dudes around campus.