Sunday, September 12, 2010

Getting it together

We moved out of the house on June 30. Most of our stuff went into a pod type thing and sat in my sister's yard. Some of our stuff went with us into a one bedroom apartment. We squished in and were pretty okay. What made that apartment kind of fun is that there was no "upkeep". No consideration of painting, or replacing knobs, or major cleaning because we were only there for 30 days. Then on July 31 we moved into this house. We shoved most of the stuff into the 'office' and called it a move. We painted. Arranged. Pause. Now 30 days later we have put up some shelves. Unpacked our doodads. Repacked some doodads that still don't fit anywhere or that I decided I truly despise. Shoved that stuff and empty buckets/boxes into the attic.

I thought that we would be DONE today. Moved in so that we could truly begin to settle in so that this could start becoming our home, but our cable wires are too long (so they don't fit in the cable/hider thing), our kids didn't answer text messages about two more pieces of furniture that they wanted, I am short one accent chair that I want in the living room. The bathroom flooded.

Yep, flooded, water pouring out from the FLOOR. Stopped the whole process of washing clothes, etc. damnity damn damn.

BUT, we did manage to get our room done. I kinda love it.
Here is where we started:
Here we are today:
I sleep on the side of the bed cutoff in the picture and there is a long wall over there with no furniture and it has my favorite part of the room on it...BUT the picture is weird because I couldn't get it at a good angle in the 3 seconds I had in my room when the plumber guy wasn't going back and forth, and I wanted to do this blog post.this.exact.second.

It's all pictures of me and Mr. P...two of them are collages that I got printed as a poster at Walgreens then put into some frames that Mr. P "rescued" and repainted with some of our leftover trim paint. We also mounted my tv on the wall...which did cause some tension yesterday since I CAN'T REACH the power button. But whatev. I can deal. I tried three times to post a picture of how high the tv is (it works fine for sleepy tv watching...I fell asleep very quickly last night) but the bitchy police must be monitoring my activity as it kept failing. I will try to sneak it by tomorrow.

I hope this plumber guy is fast, I want a shower and to get in that bed before the sun sets. I am TIRED. I have my alarm set for 6am. The predicted temperature is 64 degrees. Perfect to getting my now bigger ass back into gear with a run/walk before what I predict to be a KILLER week of work---I have 6 research based deadlines and 21 projects to preliminarily grade and turn around to my grad students.


Swistle said...

I love the revised room!! I can't believe what a huge difference you guys made!

Anonymous said...

I love your bedroom, too! Wow. It looks so inviting and relaxing and peaceful.

Here's hoping you can shower soon!

Anonymous said...

The bedroom looks great. I LOVE the photo collages!

Nice to have you back.

creative kerfuffle said...

the bedroom looks great! love that wall color and the photo collages. very cool. i hope you got the plumbing issue solved. we've had our share of those in the past and they

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Love the photo wall ... what a great way to wake up every day!

Shelley said...

Really pretty wall color - and those collages are great. I use Walgreens and have been tempted to make I'm even more so!

Kate said...

Love the redone room! So warm!

Alice said...

it looks GREAT! and that photo collage wall of you two is so cute :) i can't wait to see more before/afters!

Creative Commons License
TheHotchPotchery by is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.