Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hotch Potch of Sucktitudery

The dream of being neighborhood BFF's with my sister was officially crushed today when the flake out lady who owns the house that WE.PAID.A.DEPOSIT. on decided NOT to rent it out afterall.

She called me yesterday and asked for my latest credit report and my tax return (even though I already showed her my W-2). I left her a voicemail saying I wasn't totally comfortable handing all that over to an individual, but call me back so we could work it out. No call back. Mr. P called her this morning. No call back. Mr. P rode by there today to see if she was there and called her. She finally called back and said, yeah, it is too much to hire a management company, and I don't want to EVER come back here, so I am going to sell it. Mr. P said, what are you asking for it? She didn't know. whatever. I feel like I want to push the issue...I gave her a deposit. We had an agreement. YOU MUST RENT IT TO ME. But then again, she is such a flake, I am not sure I even believe she will have moved out by the time I need to move in, so we are probably better off. But I already picked out the furniture. bitch.

Mr. P is on his way to pick me up, there are two other possibilities that we will look into. One has a pool but is more rent than we are paying now, and they aren't sure about pets, so boo to them. The other only has one bathroom, and is already potentially rented to some girl. Super boo to that.

I am still feeling like crap, and I JUST sat through a meeting that started like this:

Professor A: I don't care what anyone says, he is a communist.
Professor B: A terrorist for sure.

Me: (worried something happened this morning while I was watching Friends DVDs and sleeping off my DayQuil) Who?

A&B (in unison): The president.

Me: Of?

A&B: THE U.S.

Me: (in my head) Fuck. Why do I even WANT to live here?

PLUS, I know I am sick, and have a flaky red nose from all the blowing, and watery gooey eyes, but damn, Chick Fil A, I thought you thought I was special.




11 comments:

Astarte said...

Oh, that's all obnoxious!!!! Sounds like that rental woman is special, though. Short-bus special. What a turd.

Anonymous said...

I like that Astarte called her a turd. She is TOTALLY a turd. A douche turd. (I made myself laugh)

tracy

wafelenbak said...

Oh man, that rude comment from Chick-fil-A is just the icing on the cake, eh?
Super boo on the rental lady, but probably best you found out what a flake she is BEFORE renting from her, methinks...

kilax said...

What a frickin' flake. I would be so pissed. And then you had to sit in and listen to that? I think you deserve some relaxation after those headaches!

DAVs said...

I'm sorry about your run in with the flake-o-lady. And the plain label just plain sucks. Boo to that.

And your coworkers? OH.MY.GAWD.

Jen L. said...

What a sucktastic day. That lady IS a flaky douche turd. You're probably better off not having to deal with her. That blows that you didn't get the house, though.

And whassup with Chick Fil A suddenly down-grading you?? I think I'd have to see a manager about that...

Feel better, HP!

Swistle said...

ARGGGGHHACK! So aggravating!

Not Your Aunt B said...

She is a TURD. Gimme the address and I'll go kick her ass. Flaky people aggravate me! Arghh!

And the insult of Chick-Fil-A on top of it!

20somethingfatty said...

Wow. I can almost deal with it when people call Obama a communist (though my sociology side is quite irked), but a terrorist? Really?

Anyway, you're on! I will eat perfectly and work out tomorrow if you do!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Just remind yourself that for every door that closes (or was never open in the first place), there are many others that will open. You'll figure something out in due time.

creative kerfuffle said...

that blows about the house : ( i'm sorry. really, you should be able to bitch slap that woman. and you aren't plain, i don't care what chic says! and whoot whoot on being a b or is 88 a b+?
my wordify is fookin--as in that fookin woman is a flake and should rent you the damn house already.

 
Creative Commons License
TheHotchPotchery by hotchpotchery.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.